We are well into the Fall season now, and I don’t know about you, but for me Fall has always been a time of year that has felt like “a fresh start”.
For me this year, that meant a new look for my site and a new hair cut and colour (more professional pics to come soon!).
Sure, it was scary (change always is, right?) – but more often than not after you take the plunge, you wonder why it took you so long to do it in the first place!
So, whether you are ready for something BIG or prefer baby steps, I have offered some suggestions below if you are ready to “shake it up” (she says singing to the tune of Taylor Swifts ‘Shake it Off’…seriously, it’s burned in my brain) and make a change.
Ready? Let’s do this!
1) It’s one of the quickest and least expensive ways to switch things up, but the power of a new lipstick or gloss is undeniable. Berry is a super popular colour right now, and there is one for every skintone.
2) Sticking to the beauty theme, what about trying a new nail polish? Something that you’ve always been interested in but maybe too nervous to try? Maybe it’s a darker or brighter shade than your usual colour, or maybe even a printed nail wrap!
I am currently crushing on Jamberry Nails. And no, I am not saying that because I sell them – because I don’t.
They are just so much fun and come in TONS of designs. But the best part is, they stay on my “always chipping” nails for @ least 10 days at a time. A miracle for this busy working Momma!
3) Try a new trend. Whether its the colour or pattern of the moment, you can start small and incorporate it into your wardrobe via accessories. For example, Merlot is popular this year, how about a statement necklace?
Everyone is mad for plaid right now too. Maybe you’re not ready to go full out and invest in a plaid coat, but you could always grab a soft plaid scarf to add to your neutral fall coat.
4) To some they may be considered accessories but depending on where you live – a hat, gloves, and scarf are more like necessities. But that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun with them!
Try a new hat style this year, or instead of trying to be all “matchy matchy” or neutral with them, why not do something different and go for contrasting colours and/or mixing some playful prints and patterns? Like a neutral navy coat with coral/yellow/tan accessories. Yes, really.
5) The last fresh start suggestions takes a bit more courage, but will give you the biggest bang.
What about a new cut or colour? Is there something you have always wanted to try but been too afraid to do? Make an appointment with your hairstylist for a free consultation to ask their opinion.
So, what do you think? Are you ready to Freshen Up for Fall?
Remember, it doesn’t have to be a huge change to have a significant impact. If you’re nervous, start small and work your way up.
But if you’re ready to just give er’, good for you – go for it! I’ll be sending virtual fist pumps your way.